USCG Approved Inflatable Personal Flotation Device Work vest
The First and Only Approved Inflatable personal flotation device Work vest on the Market!
If it doesn't say work vest, it's not a real work vest. Ideal for constant wear situations, hot, humid conditions and high mobility requirements
Available exclusively from Mustang Survival, the Inflatable personal flotation device Work Vest is the first of its kind. Designed by Mustang Survivals Innovation Technology experts and built for serious users, Mustang Survival has pioneered the standards for inflatable personal flotation device work vests.
With a comfortable and low-profile fit, the MD3188 Inflatable Work Vest offers enhanced mobility and reduced heat stress, allowing crews and professionals to work more efficiently throughout the day. Its 35lb buoyancy rating also means they'll have the added safety of extra flotation when they need it.
Made for the most severe marine environments, the Inflatable Work Vest contains Hydrostatic Inflator Technology (HIT) that offers reliable inflation in a low maintenance design that will only automatically inflate when submerged in 4 or more inches of water, and not inadvertently due to rain, spray or humidity. This technology is exclusive to Mustang Survival in North America and maintenance-free for 5 years or until inflated.
The product also features the patented SecureZip(TM) closure system to ensure the Work Vest will stay closed during even the most rigorous activity and still open effortlessly upon inflation.
How HIT Works:
Hydrostatic pressure is applied to objects submerged in water. The hydrostatic inflator needs only to be submerged 4 inches (10 cm) or more for the hydrostatic pressure to open a pressure valve releasing a firing mechanism, automatically inflating the personal flotation device.
-Low maintenance no inflator maintenance required for five years, unless fired.*
-Reliable inflation inflated only under hydrostatic pressure or by pulling the manual activation cord. Will not inflate due to rain, humidity or water contact.
-Easy to see safety inspection window Easily view the inflator replacement date and inflator status through the safety inspection window. Green indicates ready for use.
*Inflator is maintenance-free for 5 years from date of manufacture. Upon inflation, it is essential to inspect and re-arm your personal flotation device before next use.
Approval:USCG - UL1180 - Inflatable PFDs 160.076 - Type V (Commercial Use); Type II (Recreational Use)
- USCG Type V inflatable Work Vest
- Can also be worn as a Type II inflatable
- Approved for use on inspected and uninspected vessels of any size
- 1F auto hydrostatic inflator technology protects against inadvertent inflation
- 5 years maintenance-free inflator (from date of manufacture) with status indicator window. Upon inflation, it is essential to inspect and re-arm your PFD before next use
- Durable PU-coated nylon shell offers improved puncture and abrasion resistance
- Custom-molded inflator cover reduces wear and protects inflator cap
- SecureZip™ closure features recessed zipper to protect teeth from contaminants
- CO2 cylinder contained inside cell to protect against corrosion
- Retro-reflective SOLAS Tape on front & back outer shell
- Strobe light holder, safety whistle and additional SOLAS reflective tape visible when inflated
- Includes back-up oral inflation tube and manual activation cord
- Universal Adult (16 years+ / 80lbs+) with chest size 30" - 52"
- Uses re-arm kit MA7214
- 50 MPH strength tested
- Provides 35 lb of buoyancy when inflated - twice the flotation of foam work vests
- Lightweight and comfortable design
- Coated neoprene neck cushion for improved comfort
- Offers greater mobility than foam work vests
- Reduced heat stress
- Easy-to-clean fabrics